Functional Bowen™ Therapy – End your struggle with ongoing aches & pain, movement & flexibility restrictions
Functional Bowen™ Therapy is an interpretive use of Bowen’s cross fiber neuromuscular technique that works to downregulate and release resting muscle tension by specific muscle / tendon manipulations that stimulate the body’s Central Nervous System. Unlike other forms of bodywork, Functional Bowen™ Therapy (FBT) allows for a high level of blood capillary movement, producing greater transport of blood and lymph through the tissue. This occurs with the softening of the surrounding fascia and tissue without ongoing compression or pressure from manipulation. “Less is best” is the Bowen philosophy.
The muscle tension release is almost immediate producing an increase in flexibility as a result. Utilized over the entire musculature to produce balance (symmetry is key), it is highly successful in relieving pain and re-educating muscles with “bad memory” and the associated nerve pathways. This “capture and roll technique” is applied through loose clothing with no oils, creams or topical applications using a series of “moves” over the skin and fascia to promote the above outcome. This integrated approach and program of care is specifically tailored to the client / patient focus and musculoskeletal difficulty. Comfort is individually maximized with progress determined by individual body response / muscle memory improvement.
Benefits of Functional Bowen™ Therapy:
- Promote The Relief of Muscle Tension, Dysfunction & Pain
- Promote an Increased Blood Supply & Tissue Repair
- Promote Increased Body Cleansing & Immune Support
- Promote / Restore Functional Body Balance
- Promote Increased Flexibility, Agility & Muscle Response
Flexibly Fit™ offers Functional Bowen™ Therapy techniques and treatment for:
- Adolescent / Adult Wellness Management
- Infant / Child Wellness Management
- Acute & Chronic Pain Management
- Sports Performance Management
- Rehabilitative Post Injury Management